Garden Club of Spring Lake, New Jersey
• Make arrangements and act as Hostesses for Annual Spring lake Historical Society Tour.
• Award a $1,000 scholarship to each of two top students who have been accepted to college, where they will study horticulture and/or related subjects with plans to work in that field upon graduation.
• Provide and maintain flower containers at North and South End Pavilions in Spring Lake.
• Participate in Spring Lake Community House Fund for the Homeless through donations, shopping and wrapping gifts at Christmas.
• Fund landscaping project and plant and maintain flowers at Holy Trinity Church, a National Landmark in Spring Lake.
• Give monetary donations to St. Andrews and St. Catharine's/St. Margaret's Churches, historical landmarks in Spring Lake.
• Purchase and plant a tree during Arbor Day ceremony.
• Develop and maintain a "gardener's library" for members.
• Membership participation in the club projects is 80-85%.
The Garden Club of Spring Lake meets on the first Wednesday of the month, FEBRUARY, JULY and AUGUST excepted. Meetings begin at 12:30 p.m., unless otherwise noted and are held at the Spring Lake Community House, Madison and Third Avenues, Spring Lake, NJ.
Board meetings are held at the discretion of the President and Executive Board.
By-laws of the Garden Club of Spring Lake are presented to members on induction; they are always available on request.
Joan R. Baker
The Garden Club of Spring Lake
2165 Eighth Avenue Sea Girt, NJ 08750